Smart Home Automation Forum
Bricked KC868-A16 - Printable Version

+- Smart Home Automation Forum (https://www.kincony.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: KC868-A series and Uair Smart Controller (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Bricked KC868-A16 (/showthread.php?tid=9859)



Bricked KC868-A16 - newdos - 10-07-2026

I seem to have totally bricked my KC868-A16 rev 1.6.   Was trying to download arduino code to it which it did but never worked so then tried to put KCS back on the board which Downloaded mok but the board appears dead no lights on ethernet port at all.  I have since done an erase and reload KCS with the download tool and no joy.  HELP!!!


RE: Bricked KC868-A16 - admin - 10-07-2026

take a screen photo of your ESP32 download tool. how you set.


RE: Bricked KC868-A16 - newdos - 10-08-2026

(10-07-2026, 11:43 PM)admin Wrote: take a screen photo of your ESP32 download tool. how you set.

OK here is 1st screen and then the screen after an erase and a download


RE: Bricked KC868-A16 - admin - 10-08-2026

you have lose step-3. you should select the file item. you can compare with your photo.
[Image: esp32_download_tool_2.png]


RE: Bricked KC868-A16 - newdos - 10-08-2026

DOH!! missed that so easy to do!. Yes I have it working but I have had to revert to what I think is quite an old .bin file V1.0.10 - any other files I try to load wont work.
Sure the version before was a newer one. What is the latest correct bin file for the KC868-A16 rev 1.6 please ?


RE: Bricked KC868-A16 - admin - 10-08-2026

this is newest firmware for your board: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9814


RE: Bricked KC868-A16 - newdos - 10-09-2026

Thanks for your help all goof now cheers!

Thanks for your help all good now cheers!


RE: Bricked KC868-A16 - admin - 10-09-2026

you are welcome.