Smart Home Automation Forum
KC868-AI mDNS problem - Printable Version

+- Smart Home Automation Forum (https://www.kincony.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: KC868-AI (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: KC868-AI mDNS problem (/showthread.php?tid=9863)



KC868-AI mDNS problem - Konrad - 10-10-2026

Hello,
Let me start from the biegining.
I bought last year one KC868-AI and configured with HA on RPi5 and it works till now on firmware 2.2.18.
Last week I got two new boards for my new project I set one up on 2.2.21 firmware, also I got new RPI5 with HA flashed on it.
My problem is that I can't connect it to Home Assistant becase it can't see KC board by mDNS.
HA can see the board becase on ESP add on it has "Available" status.
KC works with static IP 192.168.1.230
I can't add manually Integration because I get this:

"Unable to connect to the ESPHome device. Make sure the device’s YAML configuration includes an `api` section."
Of course there's a line for API in the code. 
I can ping KC board from Terminal in HA, I can log on to the board, but HA can't find it.
New RPi and KC boards are in same network. New set up of HA can find old board by mDNS, it is finding also all of my hardware by mDNS just not this board so it seems it's not the network.


Solutions I tried:
Downgrading to 2.2.18,
Changing name of the board in code,
Setting up new network on different TP-link router,
Setting up API without password in code,
Reseting compilation environment,
Uploading simple configuration with just few lines,
Changing port in yaml and tried to connect on different port,

Nothing worked. Need help, any solution?
I uploaded yaml in ZIP. Don't worry about encrypion keys, I'll change them later.


RE: KC868-AI mDNS problem - admin - 10-10-2026

do you have enable VPN on your router?
if YES, disable it.