Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with KC868-A8 and traditional wall switch
Hi,

I've recently acquired a KC868-A8, and successfully configured it with ESPHome and HomeAssistant. I'll be using a few of them to automate my new home, but first I'm trying things.

I'd like to use the unit to control some lights, which should be able to use with traditional wall switches, even if I'd remove the unit or it was failing (meaning not using the digital inputs).

Is it possible to do something like the following diagram, but changing the last switch for one of the relays?

[Image: 309ff1d702969e62f0523a48c5c3fdf6193cffdc.png]

If it is possible, how should I do it? COM to the light, and then NC, and NO to the 4-way switch? My goal is that when I use the wall switch or change the status of the relay, to toggle the state of the light.

Thanks!
if you not use digital input for switch, sometimes the phone app relay state will not correct when you turn ON/OFF by your switch button.
I see, thanks. If that was acceptable for me, can I make it work with that diagram or it has to be different?
what's your "4-way" means?
A wall switch that is used when you want to control a light from 3 or more locations. It's the one that you use between the other switches. In this example it would be the one in the middle: https://media.adeo.com/marketplace/LMES/...760696.pdf
Photo 
I just wanted to add that this is indeed possible, although as it was commented, then home assistant might show the light is on, when it's actually off. If it helps anyone, here's the diagram on how to do it:

[Image: diagrama-llums.png]
this is diagram use 3 different (COM,NO,NC) switch panel to control a relay (lamp).

And which would be NO, COM, and NC?
K1, K2 is single COM,NO,NC
K3 is double COM,NO,NC