Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A32 with Tasmota
Hi Kincony

I would like to use the board with tasmota as the board can operate standalone (via web interface) or via MQTT.....

I've searched high and low but I cant find the full config, could you please help with:

1) Information we need to add to üser_config_override.h to add the expanders and ethernet
2) Config changes needed in Tasmota web configuration to enable the expanders.

ESPHome is very well documented however dont want to use it for now with Homeassistant.

Many thanks, have ordered A16 and A32, waiting for delivery :-)

Peter
Tasmota for A16 is no problem, you can download BIN firmware from our forum.
But tasmota support total 32 channel (DI+DO) , you can use 32 channel output by tasmota or 16 input +16 output by tasmota, but can't use 32 input + 32 output by tasmota.
if you want to use 32 input + 32 output, i suggest you use ESPHome, you can enable ESPHome 's web service function, so that can work without home assistant, just use KC868-A32 work as a web service, just connect with ethernet cable, then you can use web browser login and turn ON/OFF every relay output and monitor every input ports.
also you can set input trigger relay output, such as use input connect with push button manual control relay output without network, it's work in locally.
Hi Kincony

Thankyou, I've just read through the Tasmota documentation https://tasmota.github.io/docs/PCF8574/ and yes I see it cannot support 64GPIO pins, it can only support 32 GPIO. For the A16 board it looks ok to add ethernet and expander support in the source code.

I look forward to test performance between Tasmota and ESPHome to detect input changes, I see tasmota scans inputs every 50ms.

AS always thankyou.....Peter
here is tasmota firmware and download tool for KC868-A16: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1715