Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Project Enquiry
Dear Sirs

I am planning home automation for my new flat and have the following query.

I already have a very powerful system running Home Assistant on it with Zigbee, google assistant and alexa installed.

1.  Can I just buy any of your KC868 boards such as H32B Pro, A128, KC 868 AI or E16S and attach it to my computer and it would work?

2.  Are these boards modular in design?  Meaning, say I buy 1 board now and in future, I need to attach extra DI, AI and/or RO, can I attach 1 or more boards and still operate them in the one single system?

3.  Also, how will the system function if any of the boards fail?  How to make sure we have some manual control in case of failure of the components in the boards?

Thanks a lot
Dharmesh
1. sure, all these board you have listed support home assistant.
2. these boards all in selling. Yes, you can add any board to extend DI,DO,AI,AO, use in same system. all board just connect to your router is ok.
3. suggest add KC868-E16v2 extend relay module with main controller, so that there are manaul control buttons on PCB.
(09-06-2023, 10:17 PM)admin Wrote: 1. sure, all these board you have listed support home assistant.
2. these boards all in selling. Yes, you can add any board to extend DI,DO,AI,AO, use in same system. all board just connect to your router is ok.
3. suggest add KC868-E16v2 extend relay module with main controller, so that there are manaul control buttons on PCB.

Okay, thanks for your reply.  Few more questions.

1.  Okay
2.  I'm designing a completely wired system, which should work without wifi also.  Can all of these be connected to the main computer via some networking with network switch?
3.  There are optional manual buttons on H32B also - right?  So, how is connecting extra E16v2 board better than just using those manual buttons on H32B?
4.  Also, say I would like to have input boards such as KC868-AK in each room which is about some 25 meter away from the main boards H32B - is that okay?  This idea is, so that I don't need to bring all the input cables of dry contact switches and sensors to the main board.  Hope it makes sense?

Thanks
2. sure, you can only use ethernet, without any wifi.
3. H32B Pro have manual control button inside of metal box. it's "Pro" version, not "H32B". E16v2 board have manual control button on PCB, just easy to use it. how to connect H32B Pro with E16v2 see here: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2495
4. 25 meter no problem, 250 meter also is ok, we design for long distance use.
Okay great.  Just to clear, if I use E16 board, there is no need to use AC contactors - right?  What is the max load in each relay of E16 board?
whether need to use AC contactor, according to your load current.
E16v2 board's relay MAX 16A for load. if you want larger current, you can add AC contactor, because AC contactor MAX is 25A for load.
Can KC868-AK board be attached to KC868-A16 relay board? How is the KC868-AK board differ in use from other input modules such as say KC868-AI?
Can KC868-AK board be attached to KC868-A16 relay board? sure, no problem
How is the KC868-AK board differ in use from other input modules such as say KC868-AI? just AK have manual control buttons on PCBs.
Okay, I have a question on automation. Say if I buy KC868-H32B board and and connect KC868-COLBS as well as KC868-A32 boards with it. Will the outputs of A32 boards also be controlled by COLBS logical controller?

I'm asking questions about expandability of the system basically.
yes, it's OK, because A32 and H32B have some TCP protocol.