Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to communicate with the flash chip
When i try to install the zip yaml i get an error: Failed to communicate with the flash chip, read/write operations will fail. Try checking the chip connections or removing any other hardware connected to IOs. I try different usb ports but gets always the same error. A16 is connected to wired usb and ethernet. Have you a solution for the problem. I uploaded the log from the installer.

Thanks 
Moritz

Attached Files
.txt   logs_a16_run.txt (Size: 3.85 KB / Downloads: 132)
take a photo how you wire your board.
Hello, I have attached a few photos of how I connected the board. However, I haven't done any further wiring yet because I wanted to finish the firmware and the setup in Home Assistant first. I hope you can do something with the pictures and can help me.

Thanks

Moritz

Attached Files Image(s)

what's BLACK device? router? or server?
The black device is the Home Assistant server
how you download fimware by home assistant? which way? take screen photo. whether you have enabled your serial port in your home assistant server? all need to confirm.
I have at Home Assistant, EspHome and this works with Python. Serial port is enabled he recognizes the device also and tries to install it with the software with the yaml code from the forum. Thereby the error message appears. Therefore I think it will not be a software problem. Is there the possibility to trigger the flash chip manually? Possibly this has a defect?
can you take a video how you done. you can upload MP4 video to google driver, leave your video URL at here.
Hello,
please find attached the desired photos from my HA set-up as well as the error messages appearing when installing the YAML code (your zip-download version). The A16 does not react at all and does not generate an IP-address in my network. I hope, that you will be able to provide some corrective measures and that the A16 is not damage for exchange. I am looking forward to hear from you, thanks                    
can you try another USB cable? or change another USB port?
another way, you can try to use ESP Tool on a windows PC to compile and download yaml file.