Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M30 does not correctly read power and energy
Exclamation 
Hello, in your video you are measuring 240V and 0.21A, which equals 50.4W. But in the video, it shows 32.3W. I have the same issue; the voltage and current are measured correctly, but the power and energy are not measured accurately. Is there any way to calibrate it to measure correctly?

Attached Files Image(s)

dashboard showed the "actual power value" read from BL0910 chip register. Each electrical appliance has different power factors, so the actual value may differ from the theoretical value.
Good morning, but I have a professional Hioki CM3285-50 power clamp meter that reads power factor, and it differs significantly from the values on the M30.

Attached Files Image(s)

we will check it.
can you give me more data, such as your monitor image.
now your photo is 1.462A load. can you test with more different current. such as 2.xxx A or 3.xxxA or others. give me more "Hioki CM3285-50 power clamp meter" detected image. then we will update the "power factor", make a new M30 firmware send to you.
Hi I have the same problem, M30 current reading significantly differs from other current sensors, for example if my 2HP submersible pump use 15A @230v, M30 shows 12A @230V,  also the watts calculations are wrong. How do I fix it? 
I am using 100A 1v CT brought from Aliexpress.com is there anything additional I have to do get the correct reading?

Hi I have the same problem, M30 current reading significantly differs from other current sensors, for example if my 2HP submersible pump use 15A @230v, M30 shows 12A @230V,  also the watts calculations are wrong. How do I fix it? 
I am using 100A 1v CT brought from Aliexpress.com is there anything additional I have to do get the correct reading?
if you are detect 15A load, you should use 15A or 20A CT clamp sensor. use 100A version, it's too large, so it have difference value.
(05-03-2024, 10:08 PM)admin Wrote: if you are detect 15A load, you should use 15A or 20A CT clamp sensor. use 100A version, it's too large, so it have difference value.

Any user manual available for M30?, or where do I change the value of the CT sensor? I would like to use 10A 1v, 20A 1v, 30A 1v 50A 1v, 100A 1v. how do I achieve this and get correct usage value?
I am still waiting for your answer.
you can't chnage the value of CT sensor, just chose a suitable CT sensor. here have different SKU of CT sensor: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256805341385666.html