Smart Home Automation Forum
A4S DIMMER - Printable Version

+- Smart Home Automation Forum (https://www.kincony.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: KC868-HxB series Smart Controller (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: A4S DIMMER (/showthread.php?tid=2918)

Pages: 1 2

A4S DIMMER - mark2023 - 05-16-2023

I have connected up a dimmable led light bulb with a solid state relay from analogue 1 on the A4Sbut i seem to be getting the following problems.

1: when the relays are off from the color LED-1 in Home assistant the bulb is still on but very dim. when i switch it on it goes full brightness but when i switch off the bulb does not go out it goes back to very dim.
2: i set up a automation to use a momentry input switch to increase brightness and another input to dicrease brightness, again the bulb is still on when off but now i have to keep pressing the button several times to increase brightness instead of just holding the button. I also notice that the bulb starts to flicker at certain increases. can you explain whats going wrong please.
3: i have attached the photos to make sure it is all wired correctly.

RE: A4S DIMMER - admin - 05-17-2023

1. mare sure your lamp is dimmable.
2. SSR suggest load power >18W, so you can connect some load together for a test.

RE: A4S DIMMER - mark2023 - 05-17-2023

Yes the bulb is dimmable and is only 5.9w.

When there is no voltage also switching from analogue 1 the bulb is still lighted but very dimmable through the SSR.
What is also causing this?

can you find a another lamp for a test? such as:

I have just tried another bulb and SSR and it is exactly the same. I have also wired it how you have wired it. See attached.

When the input is off the led bulb is still on but very dim. This should not happen, the power is coming from the SSR as if I remove input 1 the led is still powered. The other thing is when I get past 50% brightness the led starts to flicker then it clears.

try to use incandescent lamps.

So are you saying your SSR will not support Led bulbs?
incandescent has mainly been phased out and not used anymore.

my means just for test. SSR need >18w load, because it have "start" work voltage. another way, you can parallel connection some lamps together, let load bigger.

RE: A4S DIMMER - mark2023 - 05-18-2023

OK I will try this as a test with another bulb attached but this will not help me. 

Each room has only 1 dimmable bulb at no more than 10w (this is equivalent to 60w as a incandescent bulb) so if I was to change this bulb for a 17w/18w bulb (this is equivalent to a 100w bulb) the room would be to bright but you are saying your SSR will not operate correctly without 18w starting load?

Most led bulbs are between 3w to 10w so I am not sure how I can solve this problem with your SSR?

Also is the reason why when your input is not providing power to the SSR from the controller the led is still on and still very dim and never switches off?

RE: A4S DIMMER - admin - 05-18-2023

i think not sure your lamp is dimmable. see the package, here showed "dimmable" , this is important.