Smart Home Automation Forum
Looking to Automate Home - Printable Version

+- Smart Home Automation Forum (https://www.kincony.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: DIY Project (https://www.kincony.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Looking to Automate Home (/showthread.php?tid=4423)

Looking to Automate Home - kazezx - 02-19-2024

Hello,

I'm looking to automate my home which i will soon complete building in the coming months.
I have been watching your Youtube videos and the items used inside the electricity distribution board seems adequate for my DIY project.

The main Application that i would like to use is the Home Assistant which would be hosted on a personal Home Server/HomeLab Server alongside other networking services such as NAS and Streaming Media Server.
My Automations (using less than 32 Channels) would mostly consist of controlling lighting bulbs, fans, Air Conditioners and some other low power driven appliances mostly connected to traditional switches like these.

Which Kincony product would be required for such a project?
a) Server : Kincony KC868-Server or KC868-H32B Pro
b) Raspberry Pi : Is it mandatory to use a RPI or can i use another SBC such as Zimaboard or a mini PC hosting Home Assistant via Virtualization.
c) Relay modules : would the KC868-E16V2 X2 be enough for the low current switches and other appliances?
d) Ability to add other smart devices such as Alexa and Google Home, Zigbee etc.
e) Is it possible to use MCB Breakers which are available locally in my Country (Mauritius)?
f) Would using a custom Aluminium cabinet to place the devices cause any unsafe/hazards scenarios?
g) Ability to add analog/digital input devices in the future.
h) Energy monitoring per output capabilities.

Thank you for your suggestions and time in advance.

RE: Looking to Automate Home - admin - 02-19-2024

Which Kincony product would be required for such a project?
a) Server : Kincony KC868-Server or KC868-H32B Pro

KC868-Server install home assistant software. relay controller use KC868-H32B Pro.
KC868-AG Pro use for Air conditioners.

b) Raspberry Pi : Is it mandatory to use a RPI or can i use another SBC such as Zimaboard or a mini PC hosting Home Assistant via Virtualization.

sure, not MUST use Raspberry Pi, any Linux computer can be used.

c) Relay modules : would the KC868-E16V2 X2 be enough for the low current switches and other appliances?

KC868-E16v2 is a extender relay module (MAX support AC250v 16A), if enough for many appliances to use. if want use large current load, just add AC contactor, such as 25A, 40A....

d) Ability to add other smart devices such as Alexa and Google Home, Zigbee etc.

KC868-H32B Pro support alexa or google home directly.
if you want to use zigbee3.0 device, just add zigbee3.0 USB dongle , connect with server's USB port.

e) Is it possible to use MCB Breakers which are available locally in my Country (Mauritius)?

it's OK, use your MCB.

f) Would using a custom Aluminium cabinet to place the devices cause any unsafe/hazards scenarios?

all distribution box made by metal.

g) Ability to add analog/digital input devices in the future.

already have many KinCony controller board with analog input and digital input ports. you can chose on our webpage. all support integrate to home assistant by ESPHome.

h) Energy monitoring per output capabilities.

add KinCony M30 AC energy meter to relay controller's output port for monitoring.

RE: Looking to Automate Home - kazezx - 02-19-2024

Basically, i can use the Kincony KC868-Server + KC868-E16V2 + Kincony M30 for startup ?
What is the difference between the KC868-Server and the KC868-H32B Pro ?
Will i miss any features by selecting the KC868-Server over the KC868-H32B Pro ?

RE: Looking to Automate Home - admin - 02-19-2024

Basically, i can use the Kincony KC868-Server + KC868-E16V2 + Kincony M30 for startup ? add KC868-AK for manual control .
What is the difference between the KC868-Server and the KC868-H32B Pro ? KC868-Server is a raspberry pi computer.