Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M30 Specifications
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the specifications of the M30.

1. Is the PT (voltage) sensor connection mandatory? Can I connect CT only with NO connection of the PT 1,2 or 3?
2. What is the maximum current / amps that can be monitored for each CT channel? The schematic states Imax = 30A??...Can this unit monitor 50A on a single channel?
3. Can the CT's on bank 1-10 have a mix of phase 1 / 2 or 3?

Thanks
1. not mandatory, if you don't want detect voltage, you can without VOLTAGE terminal.
2. there are many different CT sensor can use for M30, MAX is 100A version. here is different types: https://shop.kincony.com/products/25a-cu...eter-board
CT1-10 channel's VOLTAGE detect by VOLTAGE L1,N1 terminal.
CT11-20 channel's VOLTAGE detect by VOLTAGE L2,N2 terminal.
CT21-30 channel's VOLTAGE detect by VOLTAGE L3,N3 terminal.
I'm a software guy, so I'm curious about how the M30 knows what different CT is connected? I assumed the signal would just be 0..1 type of thing, which wouldn't differentiate the actual current limit from a different transformer. i.e. a 25A CT would report 0..1, and a 60A CT would report 0..1.
CT sensor is output voltage or current signal, it's not digital number, it's analog value. just convert 2000:1 data.
Thank you for your response.

One additional question.

4. Can I manually supply a constant value for voltage within the code/YAML (i.e 240) so that energy can be calulated without PT1,2,3 being connected?

Thanks
CT is AC signal , NOT a DC signal. if you can input a AC sigal , it's OK for testing.