Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-A16 esp32 board (A16)as upgrade of a Homevision Controller?
Received the A16 Controller board yesterday. It looks OK, but the shipment did not contain any documentation.
For proper testing and configuring the board with ESPHome, please provide me with the A16-board hardware <-> ESP32-GPIO pin relation specification:
a16 board input1,2,3 -> 16 = gpio x1, x2, x3 etc. to x16.
a16 board analogue inputs 1--->4 = gpio y1,y2,y3,y4;
a16 board I2C pins= gpios ….
a16 board Free gpios 1->3= …..
a16 board RF 433 MHz: pin tx gpio= gpio.. and rx= gpio …
a16 board Ethernet pin(s)= gpio ….
a16 board USB pins= gpio ...

Also needed advice: which ESPHome configuration file is best to start with for the a16 board?
thx in advance
you can use this yaml demo for A16: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1628
The example is limited and incomplete. I need a complete list of A16-board and GPIO relations.
every model in our forum have esphome yaml demo. you can check , some have analog input, some have ds18b20 gpio temperature sensor, some have RF 433MHz sender and receiver. you can use for it. i don't know except DO and DI, which hardware resource you will use?
Tried to download the ESPHome configuration YAML file to my newly acquired KC868-A16 board.
But no luck so far after 2 days of hard trying. I produced the required YAML file on my existing Home Assistant platform on a Windows computer, using your demo files. They were validated as OK and also compiled well. Tried to do download via a) the server pc with Home Assistant running on it b) via another PC with browser access to Home Assistant and c) manually via ESP32 Dowmload Tool v 9.3.5. In all cased the USB-connection could be established, bust the download failed completely. The logging of the ESP32 download tool indicated: 'no XMC flash detected' and: :esp32 chip dopwnload error". Is this A16 board possibly not OK? Please advise.
take a photo of your A16 PCB board when work for download.
(01-12-2024, 10:12 AM)admin Wrote: take a photo of your A16 PCB board when work for download.

See the picture. 12V DC Power is on and the board via USB connected to a Windows PC. Device manager of Windows recognized the board on a com port as:  USB serial CH340

Attached Files Image(s)

when you download firmware, please remove the RF module on PCB. see my photo.

Thx, an excellent advise.
Now I could ‘normally download’ and configure the board with ESPHome file(s).
Question: can I now also put back the 2 RF-modules and still being able to do further configurations without problems?
just when download firmware remove the RF module, after download , you can install them on PCB.