Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help KC868-A6
Hi

I emailed hificat@163.com and asked the following question.

I am locking for a control board that has the following

ESP32 WiFi which can be connected to Home Assistant

Has 6 relay outputs which can be controlled via Home Assistant

Has 6 inputs who state changes are passed onto Home Assistant

Has 2 inputs which I can connect Wiegand RFID/Keypads so when a code is enter or a tag is read it is passed onto Home Assistant

Do yo have such a board as I am looking for 2 such boards ?

The response I got was 

KC868-A6 suitable for you.  

here is details:  https://www.kincony.com/esp32-6-channel-...68-a6.html

My response was 

Thanks for the info.

but that on has one serial interface on the board or can I use that for one Wiegand keypad and the 9pin D for the other Wiegand keypad as I need to connect 2 to each board 

then I got this response.

see this photo:
https://www.kincony.com/images/KC868-A6/KC868-A6-1_05.jpg

there are IO1 and IO2 use for Wiegand keypad.

Which I understand but I then asked this question

So I connect the first keypad to IO1 & IO2 and connect the second keypad to the serial port outlined in the diagram.

Or can I only connect one keypad ?

The then told the told me to ask my question on here. So here I am

So my main question is how I connect 2 Wiegand Keypads to KC868-A6

Thanks

Eddie 
yes, if you want use second wiegand keypad, you can connect to "serial" extend port on PCB (the white 4pin socket), so there are two free gpios can use. NOT use 9Pin RS232 port, because they are RS232 level.
(01-22-2024, 09:44 PM)admin Wrote: yes, if you want use second wiegand keypad, you can connect to "serial" extend port on PCB (the white 4pin socket), so there are two free gpios can use. NOT use 9Pin RS232 port, because they are RS232 level.

Thanks

Just got wait for it to be delivered before I can have some fun with it
you are welcome.
(01-22-2024, 09:48 PM)admin Wrote: you are welcome.

Stupid question which way round does the nRF24i01 (WiFi) board go image A or image B before I power up the board ?

Images attached 

Thanks

Eddie

Attached Files
.pdf   image-B.pdf (Size: 6.01 MB / Downloads: 95)
.pdf   Image-A.pdf (Size: 6.19 MB / Downloads: 75)
Have had another look at this I don't think I need the nRF24p01 board as the ESP32 chip has wifi so will use that to connect to my network I just need to know how have downloaded drivers for the esp32 and connected the usb to both a Mac and windows PC but devise is not found
download CH341 USB-Serial Driver for Windows OS or MAC OS. you can search by Google: CH341 USB driver.
(02-03-2024, 11:19 PM)admin Wrote: download CH341 USB-Serial Driver for Windows OS or MAC OS. you can search by Google: CH341 USB driver.

Thanks

have managed to get the board up and running and connected to home assistant

I would like to connect a Wiegand keypad/read to IO pins 1&2 and pass the info direct onto home assistant

is the text correct?

# Example configuration entry
wiegand:
  - id: mykeypad
    d0: GPIO1
    d1: GPIO2
    on_key:
      - lambda: ESP_LOGI("KEY", "received key %d", x);
    on_tag:
      - lambda: ESP_LOGI("TAG", "received tag %s", x.c_str());
    on_raw:
      - lambda: ESP_LOGI("RAW", "received raw %d bits, value %llx", bits, value);

Have highlighted the pins on PDF

.pdf   GPIO.pdf (Size: 6.09 MB / Downloads: 80)
here is video tour for use wiegand: https://youtu.be/v-Vs4NbJy5k
just chose 2 free ESP32 GPIOs to use.
(02-06-2024, 12:43 AM)admin Wrote: here is video tour for use wiegand: https://youtu.be/v-Vs4NbJy5k
just chose 2 free ESP32 GPIOs to use.

I have seen this video which makes sense 

but I still not sure if I can use the pins highlighted in the image attached and how they relate to the .yaml config text.

The pins in the diagram show IO-1 and IO-2 are these GPIO-1 & GPIO-2 as the video doesn't tell you any info like that. e.g how the physical terminals relate to the .yaml 

please be a ware that this is the first time I have done any thing with these type of boards I did what your lesson 1 video which was very good but it did not explain how to physically connect things together