Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tasmota FW and config file
Hello,

I looking for the tasmota FW and config file for the KC868-AI

any advise?
tasmota firmware total support 32 channel GPIO, KC868-AI have 40 digital input, so you can only use MAX 32 channel with tasmota firmware. you can download from tasmota official webpage for the firmware is ok. after download just set the IIC SDA and SCL pin, then you can set GPIO for INPUT channel.
Hi

Just ordered a KC868-AI from the store.

Want to run Tasmota - which the store said works, and if the above is true I am very disappointed. Poor show guys.

Why does the above state the board has 40 digital inputs when other docs and images state 48 ports?

Will all 48 ports be supported or is there a limitation in Tasmota?

Is there a detailed setuo guide for Tasmota or a template? I have not found any template for this board.

What is flashed on it when it arrives?

Thanks
KC868-AI have 40 digital input ports. where you seen have 40 ports?
tasmota support MAX 32 channel GPIO, so you can use total 32 channels.
just download tasmota fimrware, enable PCF8574 function is ok.
you can use tasmota flash tool to download firmware, we have many tasmota video tour, you can check , use by same way.
(05-28-2024, 10:31 PM)admin Wrote: KC868-AI have 40 digital input ports. where you seen have 40 ports?
tasmota support MAX 32 channel GPIO, so you can use total 32 channels.
just download tasmota fimrware, enable PCF8574 function is ok.
you can use tasmota flash tool to download firmware, we have many tasmota video tour, you can check , use by same way.

Thank you for the quick reply.

This link states 48 ports - https://www.kincony.com/esp32-input-modu...esign.html

The post by Admin in this thread Posted by admin - 01-17-2023, 03:23 AM states " KC868-AI have 40 digital input,"

I understand that the current Tasmota release binaries has support for four only of the  PCF8574P chips - Question - can I compile Tasmota for all six?

I understand that the limitation is by design due to potentially having duplicate IDs on the I2C bus - but I would be surprised if that is likely with six devices - what are your thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

put,c
tasmota limit MAX 32 channel GPIO with PCF8574. you can define 6pcs of PCF8574, but at one time, you can only use MAX 32 channel.
i suggest to use ESPHome, no channel limit. what function with AI board you want to do?
(05-31-2024, 12:45 AM)admin Wrote: tasmota limit MAX 32 channel GPIO with PCF8574. you can define 6pcs of PCF8574, but at one time, you can only use MAX 32 channel.
i suggest to use ESPHome, no channel limit. what function with AI board you want to do?

Hi

I want to use AI board as input from Alarm outputs.

I received my board today - was shipped very fast thanks you!

Can I flash with your firmware and just use MQTT or am I best to use ESPHOME?

Thanks
if you download KCS firmware, you can use MQTT.
if you want integrate to home assistant, use ESPHome is easier.