Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to enable the USB ports on Raspberry Pi CM4
To enable the USB 2.0 ports on the Compute Module 4, you need to edit the boot config file (/boot/config.txt) and add:

dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host
Then reboot the Pi. Now you should be able to use the built-in USB 2.0 ports!
(06-13-2022, 06:39 AM)admin Wrote: To enable the USB 2.0 ports on the Compute Module 4, you need to edit the boot config file (/boot/config.txt) and add:

How do I get to the boot directory, even ssh can't get me there?
if you have installed raspberry pi OS, need manually enable SSH function.
(02-24-2023, 12:23 AM)admin Wrote: if you have installed raspberry pi OS, need manually enable SSH function.

I have to tell you that I have gone through all the steps 6 times, each time wiping everything and starting over.  I am worn out!  Nothing has taken care of this issue.  I am sure it is something I did wrong, but for the life of me I can't see what.  rpiboot sets it up for the flash never to find a working directory again even though the system runs ha perfectly.  I cannot get the programs I need to work without getting to the config.txt file and changing the setup.

I followed every video step for step as well as your whatsapp conversations and these forums.  Please have something fresh for me.
can you use another new SD card install home assistant OS, have a test?
(02-27-2023, 07:40 AM)admin Wrote: can you use another new SD card install home assistant OS, have a test?

I tried using an SD chip early on to no avail, the server would not discover the chip or boot from it.  tried several different chips all verified on a different computer.  I put an ssd drive in the usb c and 2.0 usb which do not read the drives for boot either.  I wouldn't care about any of these issues if I could just get to the config.txt.  It looks like I have a defective unit centered around the SD card and eMMC pathways.  I have an anydesk id if you would choose to reach out and verify...we can do a video chat and you can watch me go through the steps.  It might be a long drawn out process, but we can wipe it all and stat from scratch, AGAIN.
sorry, i forgot you use eMMC CM4, eMMC CM4 version only use by eMMC, can't use SD card. OK, if you can take a video is better, you can take video and upload to Google driver, then give me your download link, we will check. just use by eMMC.
(06-13-2022, 06:39 AM)admin Wrote: To enable the USB 2.0 ports on the Compute Module 4, you need to edit the boot config file (/boot/config.txt) and add:

Hello, i have the same problem no usb mouse or keybord on RPI module afther edit and safe /boot/config.txt no result.

reboot
no result

other solutions ?
do you use Raspberry Pi or CM4?
(05-01-2023, 11:42 AM)admin Wrote: do you use Raspberry Pi or CM4?

i buy the kc868 server with module already mounted on the server bord from your aliexpress.
So no keybord and mouse is no good but also no possibility to expand storage because after install home assistant very quick no space anymore.

Please help us

Thank in advance