Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost access to my module’s interface with IP address
After configuring Home Assistant, I managed to control my KC868-A16S module with it. However, I lost access to my module’s interface with the IP address 192.168.1.76. It’s important to note that before setting up Home Assistant, I was always able to connect to the module’s interface with this IP address. Can you assist me with this problem?
do you download firmware by ESPHome? or you use KCS firmware? please write your problem in details.
(12-30-2023, 11:29 PM)When I received my module, I flashed it by following these steps: Wrote:
  • Watched the video: "KCS"v2 firmware for ESP32 board – new function explanation on YouTube
  • Visited the website: How to use “KCS”v2 firmware for KinCony ESP32 board
  • Using Kincony’s tool, I scanned the IP addresses connected to the same Wi-Fi and copied the module’s IP address
  • Pasted this IP address into a Google Chrome browser
  • To use Tuya, I had to request a license: Tuya license for “KCS” firmware order link (kincony.com)
  • To integrate the Kincony module with Home Assistant, I followed these steps:
    • Watched the video: NEW KC868-A16S ESP32 home automation relay board for Home Assistant on YouTube
    • Followed the YAML for ESPHome: Smart Home Automation Forum - KC868-A16S (kincony.com)
after downloaded KCS firmware, MUST re power on of your KC868-A16S board.
your PC and A16S must connect to same router in one local network.
(01-01-2024, 01:59 AM)admin Wrote: after downloaded KCS firmware, MUST re power on of your KC868-A16S board.
your PC and A16S must connect to same router in one local network.

The KCS firmware is well installed and working. I normally connect to the interface with the IP address. However, after configuring the A16S module on ESPHome with YAML, although Home Assistant is working well, I can’t connect to my module with the IP address. I have restarted and both the module and my PC are connected to the same router (network).”
because you have use ESPHome new firmware overwrite the KCS firmware. two firmware can't work at the same time. if you using ESPHome, you can add code to yaml support web service, so that can open webpage. just add:
web_server:
port: 80

here is details for ESPHome web service: https://esphome.io/components/web_server.html
Photo 
thank you, I managed to access a web page where there are inputs and outputs, but unfortunately I cannot access the various IFTTT, RF, SMS, CALL services…
i have said, you are using ESPHome firmware, not use by KCS now. KCS firmware already overwrite by ESPHome's firmware.