Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart lighting project - DIY software
you are welcome.
Hi Kincony,

Received my D16 controller and finally got to test it. It seems to work with any 433MHz remote I have, easy to follow your "how to use" page to get it going. Great stuff.

I have noticed that "hold to adjust dimmer level" only works with hard wired switches? With remotes it just switches light on or off (mind you I don't have lights connected yet, only looking at the debug window output).
I really need this to fully work on remotes, based on your description on Aliexpress it sounds like it should adjust equally on wired and wireless...Can you comment please, any setting or anything I need to do to get this wot work?

Would you consider patching firmware to act on RF signals in a similar way as dry contacts, using maybe timer to track subsequent quick signals interpreting them as "hold"?

Alternatively I could use ESP32-S3 with RF receiver and write my own software to control D16 over RS485, but would really prefer if D16 supported dimming by "hold" function via RF.

Thanks!
yes, you are right, before you have test use RF remote to change voltage output, change the brightness, because it will continuously transmitting signals, usually D16 will install metal smart DB inside. we found it's not very stable. so at last we have deleted this fucntion.
sure, you can use ESP32 with RF receiver , write your own code, when receive signal then change brightess by network TCP socket connection or RS485 command. this solution will be stable.
I also noticed that while using dry contacts D16 remembers last setting per channel (ie if I send level to 50 by TCP) when I turn it on and off, but not when using RF. RF always default to 99 or 0?
yes, RF remote only use for ON,OFF, so the value is 99 or 0.
(05-26-2024, 06:39 AM)admin Wrote: yes, RF remote only use for ON,OFF, so the value is 99 or 0.

Thanks for confirmation. I will do more tests with wired switches and decide which way to go.
ok
Hi again,

I have received your switch, very nice quality as expected. One thing I wanted to ask you is if you can send the aluminium bit separately and not anodized, so that I can anodize it to other colours? For some rooms it would be nice to have custom colours. Is the "silver look" one not anodized aluminium or anodized with clear? And can it be taken apart and put back together without braking it?

Many thanks Smile
can you take a photo, which one you want, i don't understand now.
(06-08-2024, 12:26 PM)admin Wrote: can you take a photo, which one you want, i don't understand now.

See this picture from Aliexpress, your store. I pointed a red arrow to the aluminium frame I was asking about.

Attached Files Image(s)