Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead KC868-H32B ?
I have set up my KC868-H32B with MQTT in late august 2021 (I have over a hundred devices working flawlessly with MQTT). I use the inputs to monitor doors and gates and the relays to act as push buttons or switch on/on devices that do not remain on for a long time nor change often.

In the last two weeks, the KC868 started to freeze (not accepting MQTT commands nor reporting status).
Power-cycling it solved the issue at first but not anymore.

I tried to upgrade the firmware today and it did not change anything.

I configured the HC868-32B to use UDP (and not MQTT anymore) and started issuing commands as described here but it also stops working after about 10 mn. Moreover, the Web interface does not answer anymore either (only ping keeps working).

My network and my MQTT broker are working OK (as mentionned over a hundred MQTT devices are working flawlessly).

Please advise.
what load you have connected with H32B's relay output? whether have used AC contactor?
(11-22-2021, 07:56 AM)admin Wrote: what load you have connected with H32B's relay output? whether have used AC contactor?

nothing using more than 200W for any given relay: valves, fan, lights
suggest you add RC snubber.
here is video tour: https://youtu.be/ojvTedupaHs
(11-22-2021, 11:59 AM)admin Wrote: suggest you add RC snubber.
here is video tour: https://youtu.be/ojvTedupaHs

Sorry but I do not see the point of adding RC snubbers given the problem I am facing.

Just to make sure, I removed ALL the 230V connections from the KC868 leaving on it just the push buttons and the open door sensors.
We'll see if I can still operate the relays and read the sensors tomorrow morning.
ok, wait for your test feedback.
I have a similar problem. Sometimes mqtt doesn't work anymore until I restart KC868-H32B. I don’t know how to repeat the problem, it rarely happens.
All outputs trigger 24V relays for lights, so there is no problem with interference. It's annoying when I'm not home to restart controller. I suggest in the next firmware to add TCP or HTTP command for restart relay controller.
ok, we will consider.
(11-23-2021, 12:58 AM)admin Wrote: ok, wait for your test feedback.

it seems to be working for now.
I'll wait for another week until I can consider the issue gone and give it a try with the RC snubbers on the valves.

(11-23-2021, 06:29 PM)mirko Wrote: I have a similar problem. Sometimes mqtt doesn't work anymore until I restart KC868-H32B. I don’t know how to repeat the problem, it rarely happens.
All outputs trigger 24V relays for lights, so there is no problem with interference. It's annoying when I'm not home to restart controller. I suggest in the next firmware to add TCP or HTTP command for restart relay controller.
This or a watchdog in the firmware to automatically restart the mqtt service Wink
it's better you can find out the problem what's why. But also we will consider add a watchdog.