Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuya kc868-a16s & kc868-h32b pro with rs485
Hello, I am a beginner and I have purchased two KC868-A16S modules. I have now realized that they are not compatible with Tuya. Am I correct? I want to control my house remotely via the internet. I understand that with Home Assistant, the Kincony module needs to be connected to a server (a computer or Raspberry Pi) for me to be able to control it remotely. However, with modules that have Tuya, like the KC868-H32B Pro, this is not the case. I would not be obligated to go through a server. Is this true? I therefore want to buy another module, the KC868-H32B Pro, to control it remotely with Tuya. But is it possible to control the KC868-A16S with Tuya if I connect the two modules together with RS485?
if you have KC868-A16S , just download KCS firmware and buy tuya license is ok, then you can remote control by internet.
here is details how to order tuya license: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2544
Hello, I don’t want to control my modules through an intermediary server (such as a Raspberry Pi or PC). I want to directly connect my two KC868-A16S modules to the internet and control them remotely via the internet and the Tuya app. Is this possible?
yes, just use tuya app is ok. you are right.
(11-27-2023, 10:46 AM)admin Wrote: yes, just use tuya app is ok. you are right.

Thank you for your responses. I have received the Tuya license codes and I was able to add the first KC868-A16S module. However, I can’t add the second KC868-A16S module with the same license code. I can control both modules with the same license, but I won’t have the 32 outputs and 32 inputs. Do I need another license to add both modules to the Smart Life (Tuya) app?
different board need different tuya license. if you have two boards, you should have two different tuya license.