Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relays with power meter
Hello all,
I'm designing my smart home system. Initially I was planning to use Sonoff SPM-4relays, but then I found Kincony products(relays and dimmers are super cool). Do you plan to create a device that has built in power meter? Something like KC868-H32B Pro, but with 16/20 amps relays + power meter (current and history). I'm gonna start implementing/installing the system in next 3-4 months and I'm wondering what devices are under development.

Keep up the good work Wink
KC868-E8T have include power meter function, it use by 16A removable relay. here is details:
https://www.kincony.com/esp32-tuya-4g-en...odule.html
when we are designing new board or have some news, we will publish to our YouTube channel.
(02-20-2023, 12:34 AM)admin Wrote: KC868-E8T have include power meter function, it use by 16A removable relay. here is details:
https://www.kincony.com/esp32-tuya-4g-en...odule.html
when we are designing new board or have some news, we will publish to our YouTube channel.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I saw the board before, but I need something like 32 outputs, because I want to connect every power socket to a relay. Also SMS/etc are something that I don't need. Thanks a lot. Smile
because if integrate 32 power meter into PCB, will be very large. if use 32 channel, we suggest add extend power meter, there is 1P size in our webpage.
I am also looking for a 32chanels board with power meter, similar usecase (new home wiring the electic system in few months).

I see KC868-E8T with a cost of 150Usd allows control and power metrics for 8chanels, however, 4units of SONOFF Dual R3 would achieve the same result with a cost of 40Usd and also a fraction of the space.

Such differences make me think I might be missing something, specially when KC board uses just one esp32 while Sonoff delivers 4.

Dont get me wrong, I like KC products and its oppen source by default approach. I just wanted to point out the differences to express my desire that KC develops such a board which I think many consumers are missing.

Just a price competitive board to control and monitor the power of as many devices an esp32 can process, with rj45 and a size that fits in an average home connections box!
i think you can use KC868-A32 relay board and M30 30CH AC energy meter board.