Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas Temp Sensor

I have been trying to install a Dallas temperature probe on the AIO board and have been unsuccessful. I used an Arduino Uno and a sketch to retrieve the address of the 10 probe(s) I purchased and as I got the address I marked a number on the probes to keep them identified. I tried two different probes, red lead to +3.5V, Black to GND and tried both IO pins 4 & 5 to no avail. I get an error in the logs that I have no idea what to do with.
take a photo , how you wire your DS18B20 with AIO board.
I found the error The DS18b20 address your AIO config program discovered was not the same as the address reported by the discovery sketch that was used on my arduino.

Attached Files Image(s)

sure, every DS18B20 have different address, you can't use my address. you need discover find your own sensor's address, then replace in yaml file.
I read somewhere that the AIO only supports one Dallas temp sensor. What would you recommend for adding additional wired temperature sensors to monitor other locations in my home? Otherwise, I might just use Zwave sensors,
Thanks!
you can use multi ds18b20 with one GPIO, just connect wire together. see this demo case: https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5886
Since I already have the AIO board, would the YAML file you referenced for multiple sensors be entered as a separate file in the system config, or would the AIO Yaml be edited somehow.  Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm new the this.
only edit one yaml file, for example:
dallas:
- pin: GPIOXX

sensor:
- platform: dallas
address: 0xA40000031F055028
name: "Temperature #1"
- platform: dallas
address: 0xDD0000031EFB0428
name: "Temperature #2"

here is details from ESPHome webpage: https://esphome.io/components/sensor/dallas.html
Got it! Thank you very much!
I'm attempting to get working dallas temperature sensors across 2x bus. I can't seem to work out the YAML can you provide some help please?

one_wire:
- platform: gpio
pin: 5
id: Channel1
pin: 14
id: Channel2

sensor:
- platform: dallas_temp
address: 0xb217bbd44679ed28
name: "Large House Hotwater"
one_wire_id: "Channel1"
update_interval: 300s