Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technical consultation connection KC868-A16
Hello.

I am interested in purchasing a KC868-A16 board to connect the programmable outputs (PGM) of a DSC Neo Alarm Center to the digital inputs (dry contacts) of the KC868-A16.

My question stems from the fact that the PGM outputs of the DSC Neo deliver a negative referenced to the 12v positive of the same board.

And to connect this directly to the KC868-A16 I would have to put a relay in the middle but this is not feasible.

The other solution is to know if I can disconnect the 12v from the KC868-A16 in the input optocouplers and directly insert the 12 from the DSC Neo.

Could you confirm if this is viable at the board level?

Attached Files Image(s)

i think you just use your device and KC868-A16 with same 12V power supply is ok. not need to cut wire.
The PGM is negative switched correct?

If so then wiring as per your diagram should work as far as I can see, just make sure you have a negative reference.
if your board 0v is GND, just connect your board and A16 power two "GROUND" together.
I have Tasmoto running on my board but the inputs do not work. I suspect the the polarity of the optocoupler input is incorrect.
Can somebody tell me why input do not respond?
you need tell us details, which board you are using? how you config in tasmota? how you trigger digital input , short input with gound?
Ah yes, Of cause. That is: KinCony 16 Channel Relay Board (KC868-A16)
Device 1+ 2 outputs, Devices 3 + 4 are inputs.
Inputs connected to ground to signal high/low.
Correct?

If the input is to ground than the bottom diode will be used in optocoupler. Meaning no light is emitted. So no signal transfer.
take a photo of A16 PCB, how you wire.
How can I add a photo?
take a photo , post at here.