Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-HA RS485 INPUT & OUTPUT plugin for ESPHome
i think your problem is ESPHome's log generated a serial port conflict. just disable it. add code as here:
logger:
  baud_rate: 0

then will work well. 

(12-22-2023, 04:56 AM)admin Wrote: i think your problem is ESPHome's log generated a serial port conflict. just disable it. add code as here:
logger:
  baud_rate: 0

then will work well. 

Im sorry, but I already have that in my code as you can see in my previous post Huh
Do you have not used KinCony's ESP32 board? now i see your photo, ESP32 board is not ours ,right?
i don't know what's your ESP32 chip module you are using. We use ESP32-WROOM-32E.
(12-22-2023, 12:23 PM)admin Wrote: Do you have not used KinCony's ESP32 board? now i see your photo, ESP32 board is not ours ,right?
i don't know what's your ESP32 chip module you are using. We use ESP32-WROOM-32E.

I have not used a KinCony board because the one I bought (KC868-A8) for the purpose I require doesnt have RS485. I am instead using a board from Dingtian-Tech that does have RS485. The board is also using ESP32-WROOM-32E. 

Surely if the KC868-HAv2 is just using RS485, is meant to work with ESPHome and I am using your code and component, it should work no matter what board I am using it with?
use USB-RS485 adapter to monitor whether the ESP32 board have send out the message.
your PC open serial port debug tool , just monitor when home assitant turn ON/OFF switch, the ESP32 board whether truely send out the message.
(12-23-2023, 01:54 AM)admin Wrote: use USB-RS485 adapter to monitor whether the ESP32 board have send out the message.
your PC open serial port debug tool , just monitor when home assitant turn ON/OFF switch, the ESP32 board whether truely send out the message.

I connected my USB RS485 adaptor and when monitoring could see communication when I pressed one of the buttons connected to the KC868-HAv2. But when I toggle on the switch in Home Assistant, I dont see any communication.

So, it would appear that the ESP board is receiving communications over RS485, but isnt sending them, despite the log in ESPhome saying it did.

ESPhome log after turning on the switch in HA - " [11:23:56][D][switch:012]: 'switch 6' Turning ON. [11:23:56][D][kc868_ha.component:131]: uart bus send 1:3:12:55:bb:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:20:f0:53 [11:23:56][D][switch:055]: 'switch 6': Sending state ON "

Does it work as expected for you if you set it up the same way? Are you able to turn on the switch LEDs using the KC8680-HAv2 from ESPHome?
Yes, i use ESPHome config yaml as github's online readme code. turn ON/OFF switch in home assistant. it's ok. i suggest you try to test with another ESP32 board with RS485 interface. Perhaps there is a problem with the circuit in the "send" direction of your ESP32 board RS485 circuit.

(12-24-2023, 01:03 AM)admin Wrote: Yes, i use ESPHome config yaml as github's online readme code. turn ON/OFF switch in home assistant. it's ok. i suggest you try to test with another ESP32 board with RS485 interface. Perhaps there is a problem with the circuit in the "send" direction of your ESP32 board RS485 circuit.

I tried another ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32 based NodeMCU) and i have exactly the same problem using the code that you have provided. If I activate one of the inputs on the KC868-HAv2 it works and registered in Home Assistant, but if i try to switch on one of the outputs from Home Assistant, it doesnt work.

Are you sure that the KC868-HAv2 component is working properly?

I dont understand why its not working then and its not just me and the couple of others that have also posted on this forum if it works for you.

Thank you for your continued help and support.
Are you sure that the KC868-HAv2 component is working properly? Yes, maybe when i have free time, i can make another video tour use for INPUT and OUTPUT at the same time. Then you can check where is differece.
" its not just me and the couple of others that have also posted on this forum" , can you send me the URL? i check.
(12-25-2023, 12:10 AM)admin Wrote: Are you sure that the KC868-HAv2 component is working properly?    Yes, maybe when i have free time, i can make another video tour use for INPUT and OUTPUT at the same time. Then you can check where is differece.
" its not just me and the couple of others that have also posted on this forum" , can you send me the URL? i check.

A video would be fantastic! I saw a video from a year ago of the first generation KC868-HA which worked exactly how I had hoped. I just bought the updated version of the unit.

User Kataktok that posted in this same thread had an issue that seemed to be the same as mine. https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3397

If its just a problem I on my end, I will hold my hands up and take the blame, I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt doing anything wrong and I cant seem to find the reason for the failure so far.