Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KC868-HA RS485 Button Adapter Released
if many people want this function, we will update firmware in furture. now KC868-AK support "double click" and "hold on".
Dear,

Recently you released Arduino sketch to use the kcs868-HA module on AXX boards.
Can you allso provide some ESPHome configuration Yaml-code to let act an AXX board as a Modbus slave for the kcs868-HA and let the HA trigger swiches or give "cover/light" commands?

Sincerely yours
Nic
next week will release KCS v2 firmware, that will let all KC868-A series (ESP32) board support KC868-HA.
(07-21-2023, 01:31 PM)admin Wrote: next week will release KCS v2 firmware, that will let all KC868-A series (ESP32) board support KC868-HA.

Dear,
Thank you for your reply.
Since y am working already some time on a few projects (see pics) the option of using KCS is not the one y can adopt.
For some weeks now y am writing ESPHome Yaml code because this way y can combine curtain commands (cover) with dimming (light 1-10V over A4S) and Modbus with some Automations and a frontdoorcamera.
The Home Assistant application runs on a Tinkerboard. First I tried your kc868-Server, but it lacks memory (8G) and has no network connection for the ESP-chip.
Everithing runs fine in a test configuration (kc868-A16 + A4S + E16S), and I figured out how to make Modbus communication possible over native RS485 connection, or with an external ethernet-modbus adaptor (eletechsup ET69C02).
The two projects from the pics have RS485 cabling already installed all over the house, and y ordered some kc868-HA modules to connect to it.
What y miss is some sample yaml code to integrate your HA-modules in my ESPHome project. The buttons have to trigger 'cover' and 'light' commands. Feedback is an option.

Hoping to give you hereby some idea of the reason of my question,
y hope on a constructive reply.

Sincerely yours
Nic

Attached Files Image(s)

KCS v2 today is released, it's big update for many new functions. such as IFTTT and custom protocol work with any device.
i suggest you check KCS v2 firstly , maybe not it can work for you.
here is online guide: https://www.kincony.com/esp32-kcsv2-firmware.html
here is video tour: https://youtu.be/-DexVHAxPUM
Question 
Hello,

I'm facing some issues to connect KC868-HA board using RS485 Modbus in ESPHome. I'm using the KC868-AI board to communicate with KC868-HA board from RS485 bus.
I also connected the momentary switch at the KC868-HA. I'm using the 6 gangs wall panel (https://www.kincony.com/metal-frame-mome...panel.html)

In KC868-AI yaml file, I put the following code to initialize the RS485 communication and it works so far:

Code:
uart:
  id: mbus
  tx_pin: GPIO14
  rx_pin: GPIO16
  baud_rate: 9600
# RX and TX pins defined according to KC868-AI ESP32 IO pin definition (https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2016)

modbus:
  id: modbus1
  uart_id: mbus
  send_wait_time: 200ms

modbus_controller:
- id: switchbedroom
  address: 1
  modbus_id: modbus1
  update_interval: 1s

At the "binary_sensor" section, I put the following code:

Code:
binary_sensor:
  - platform: modbus_controller
    modbus_controller_id: switchbedroom
    id: pulsador1
    name: "pulsador1"
    register_type: read # or coil or discrete_input. I don't know
    address: 1

The problem is that I don't know how to proper configure this "binary_sensor" section to read the KC868-HA modbus codes.  Huh
I saw the documentation at this forum (https://www.kincony.com/download/KC868-H...-board.pdf) but I can't configure this section.  Dodgy

Here is the KC868-HA configuration:

When I see the logs for the KC868-AI, I have the following:

Quote:...
[20:12:36][W][modbus_controller:113]: Duplicate modbus command found: type=0x4 address=1 count=1
[20:12:36][D][modbus_controller:032]: Modbus command to device=1 register=0x01 countdown=0 no response received - removed from send queue
[20:12:38][W][modbus_controller:113]: Duplicate modbus command found: type=0x4 address=1 count=1
[20:12:38][D][modbus_controller:032]: Modbus command to device=1 register=0x01 countdown=0 no response received - removed from send queue
[20:12:40][W][modbus_controller:113]: Duplicate modbus command found: type=0x4 address=1 count=1
[20:12:40][D][modbus_controller:032]: Modbus command to device=1 register=0x01 countdown=0 no response received - removed from send queue
[20:12:42][W][modbus_controller:113]: Duplicate modbus command found: type=0x4 address=1 count=1
[20:12:42][D][modbus_controller:032]: Modbus command to device=1 register=0x01 countdown=0 no response received - removed from send queue

Could someone help me?  Huh
KC868-HA should connect to KinCony's relay board directly by RS485, KC868-AI is input module.
Hoi Rafael,

The reason this won't work this way is because the protocol used by Kincony is not the standard ModBus-protocol.
This is programmed in the controller of the HA-module whitch acts as an master in this ModBus communication.
The Relay boards have in-build KinCony-ModBus 'special' protocol communication.
Most other appliances work as slaves and this is the way you configured your AI-board, but the AI-board is not a slave.
Modbus_controller (Yaml) only knows the standard ModBus protocol. To communicate with the HA-board you have to write a Lambda part in your Yaml-file to treat the content of the communication.
As y don't know anything of writing in the C-language, y face the same problem, and am hoping to get a sample-Yaml-file from KinCony.

Sincerely yours
Nic
KC868-HA protocol at here:
https://www.kincony.com/download/KC868-H...-board.pdf
do you want get the 6 input state in home assistant? if you want do that, you can connect KC868-HA to your raspberry pi's USB-RS485 adapter directly, not need connect to KC868-AI's RS485 port.
Hi!
I´ve got following configuration:
-Home Assistant-server with ESPHome
-2x KC868-A64 PLC

Is it possible to connect KC868-HA-button-controller to KC868-A64-with ESPHome?
And is it possible to get feedback to led outputs from Home Assistant to KC868-HA?

Example:
Momentary button pressed on KC868-HA that execute script -> when script run completed feedback turns led output on KC868-HA-board.

Attached Files Image(s)